Making all purpose liquid soap is a handy, fun and resourceful. Making your own all purpose liquid soap eliminates any doubt as to what ingredients you are washing with.
In addition to the ease and safety of making your own all purpose liquid soap, you will be saving money. And who does not like saving money when it comes to organic soaps?
A natural, all purpose liquid soap is versatile and offers various uses. The soaps comes in a wide range of colors, scents, and even several easy-to-use bottles.
All Purpose Liquid Soap Uses
- Body Wash
- Pet Care
- Car Wash
- Floor Wash
- Laundry Detergent
- Bathroom Cleanser
- Carpet Cleaner
- Hand Soap
The recipe below is an all purpose liquid soap nut recipe with lemon essential oil. The essential oil can be changed based on your preference or desire. Soap nuts, which are not truly nuts but rather berries, are a natural surfactant called saponin. Soap nuts are a wonderful option as they are an organic solution to naturally fighting bacteria.
All Purpose Liquid Soap: Tutorial Instructions
- Medium Pot
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- 20 Soap nuts (minimum)
- 2 cups of Water
- 12 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil (Lemon Oil Prevents Soap Scum)
Steps to follow:
- Step 1: Place all soap nuts in a medium sized pot filled with two cups of water.
- Step 2: Bring water with soap nuts to a light boil and allow to simmer for about 90 minutes.
- Step 3: Allow your liquid soap to cool off. It will be ready once it is cool to the touch.
- Step 4: Strain cooled off liquid soap over a mixing bowl.
- Step 5: Using a rubber spatula, blend in 12 drops of lemon essential oil. Take a moment to appreciate the scent.
- Step 6 : Optional – If you want to make your all purpose liquid soap castile, add 3 drops of organic olive oil and an organic extract of your choice such as lavender.
- Step 7: Pour your fresh liquid soap into a sealed container of choice. So many to choose from!
To get the best uses out of your all purpose liquid soap, place in the fridge for multiple uses over a time period of 2-4 months. If left out in room temperature, the soap may go bad after a few weeks.
Enjoy your easy, natural, money-saving all purpose liquid soap! If you would like to follow similar DIY ideas, please visit our blog at castilesoap.com.