Malt-vinegar salt is great on fish and chips. Use on on fried or grilled fish, steamed shrimp, and crabs. It’s delicious on homemade potato and sweet potato chips and veggie chips too. Experiment with popcorn and sprinkle on corn-on-the cob.
Malt-Vinegar Salt Recipe
Active Time: 2 min.
Total Time: 1 day
Makes: 1/2 cup
6 tablespoons coarse salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup malt vinegar
1. Stir all ingredients together until a loose paste forms.
2. Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread into a think layer.
3. Let stand at room temperature, uncovered, 1 day. The paste will dry into a hard, cohesive sheet.
4. Rake and mast sheet with a fort until it develops the texture of coarse salt.
5. Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lie and store in a cool, dry place up to 3 months.