The very first biodegradable urn was created by Gerard Moline. The urn itself is composed of coconut shell, cellulose, and compacted peat. Inside each urn is a seed for a tree. Once a person’s remains are placed into the urn, the entire urn can be planted into the ground and watered. Soon afterward, a tree begins to grow.
Bios is the name of the company making biodegradable urns available for human and pet remains.
How A Biodegradable Urn From Bios Works?
1. The urn comes assembled and ready to be taken to the place chosen for the regeneration.
2. Remove the seal and the outer packaging of the urn.
3. Put the ashes in the urn’s lower part. Close it with the top part and put the soil with the seed in it.
4. Bury the urn in fertile soil with its top level with the soil surface and water it.
5. In a few days the seed will germinate and your tree will begin to grow.
6. The tree will continue to grow year after year.
Watch the video to learn more….
If you choose this urn for your body when you die, you would grow into a tree! The Bios urn also gives you the choice of the type of tree you would like to grow. So if you always wanted to be a Maple when you grew up, then this could help make that a reality.
Compared to many urns on the market, the Bios urn is very inexpensive considering it provides you with an urn and a tree. Plus, you’re making an environmentally conscience effort to give back to the earth by converting cemeteries into forests.