When considering the livestock on your homestead, have you ever wondered “Is a Family Milk Cow Right for You?” This decision is such an important undertaking, with so many responsibilities and expenses that it’s important to assess all the advantages and disadvantages before making the decision. When addressing the issue, consider the following questions and decide if a family milk cow is the right choice for you:
- Do you have the room to keep it in adequate and comfortable surroundings?
- What amount of space and type of living quarters is needed?
- What does a cow eat and drink?
- How much care and attention is required to keep it happily producing milk?
- Do you have the time and energy to do the necessary milking?
- What will you do if it has calves?
- How do you keep a calf away from stealing all the milk from the cow?
- What will you do with the milk if there is an excess over what you need?
- Do you have the finances to pay for feed, supplies, a properly fenced-in area, and vet bills to keep the cow healthy and to be a responsible owner?
- What other bills may surface to care for the animal?
- Are you normally at home every day so that you can give the needed attention to the cow and check for any medical issues?
These questions and the many like it can be very overwhelming. However, we’ve tracked down an outstanding resource that will answer many of these questions and set you up with the background information you’ll need to answer others that may come up later. This resource offers comprehensive information that addresses many of the common factors that are involved in owning and caring for such a unique and useful animal.
Discover if a family milk cow is right for you at cookesfrontier.com here…