One Saturday eve, I crept into a creative mood and thought of an unlikely recipe to create liquid soap from a soap bar. I was happy to come up with the recipe and even more thrilled that it worked!
Why even transform a soap bar into liquid soap? Well, I am glad you asked! Creating liquid soap from a soap bar is fun, the get-dirty-in-between-your-hands kind of fun and turns your limited soap bar into a limit-less all purpose liquid soap that can also be used to wash vegetables.
Let’s Get Started!
Ingredients you will need:
- Your Favorite Soap Bar (Organic Castile Preferably)
- 2 Cups of Warm Water per 4 OZ. Soap Bar
- 2 OZ of Organic Olive Oil
- 2 OZ of Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Extracts
- Decorative Bottle
- Wooden Mixing Spoon
Direction to Create Liquid Soap From A Soap Bar:
- Step 1: Bring warm water to a boil.
- Step 2: Add your favorite soap bar into the boiling water.
- Step 3: Using the wooden mixing spoon, blend the boiling water and the soap bar until the soap bar is a syrup consistency. If the consistency is too thin, add an extra soap bar (or piece of).
- Step 4: Add in the organic coconut oil and organic olive oil.
- Step 5: Blend well until the mixture is even.
- Step 6: Take the mixture off heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Step 7: Add organic extracts to the mixture.
- Step 8: Pour your new liquid soap into the decorative bottle.
- Step 9: Use your new liquid soap created from a soap bar.
Note: If your liquid soap decides to solidify too much, put it in the microwave for a gentle heat and bring it back to a liquid state.
Now that you have easily created liquid soap from a soap bar, go out there and brag about it!
Your new all purpose liquid soap has a multitude of uses such as face soap, body wash, pet grooming and more!
For more information on Castile Soap, please visit our website, CastileSoap.com.