Your chickens work hard to provide you a source of eggs and maybe even some meat for food. One way to show your appreciation is make your own homemade healthy treats for chickens.
1. Make some fresh oatmeal balls as a healthy treat for your chickens.
2. Use some fresh eggs to make scrambled egg pops for your chickens. These pops are perfect for those hot summer days.
3. Mix fresh fruits and veggies with cottage cheese or yogurt to make a tasty treat for your chickens.
4. A superb treat for your chickens is some leftovers from a healthy meal.
5. Farm your own or buy a package mealworms with these instructions to give to your chickens as a healthy treat.
6. A bale of straw is a great item to have to keep chickens from becoming bored.
7. Mix some corn with food pellets when feeding your chickens. Non-GMO corn is best.
8. Watermelon contains a lot of minerals and is a perfect treat for chickens.
9. Make a Chickens’ Soup to give your chickens as a nutritious treat.
10. Cut up leftover pumpkins and make a Pumpkin Pie.
11. Collect edible weeds or alfalfa from your garden to make a protein treat.
12. Fresh squash from your garden or kitchen scraps can make a delicious treat for chickens.
13. A fruit smoothie can also be given to chickens to help keep them cool.
14. Well cooked meat scraps on the bones can be served to chickens. They will pick the bones clean.
15. Leftover eggs shells can also be ground up with other pieces of food.
16. Make a homemade flock block for your chickens. This is sure to keep them busy, especially in the winter months.
17. A healthy chicken treat can be made from ground up pumpkin seeds.
18. Make a tasty Molt Meatloaf for your chickens.
19. Chickens love sunflower seeds.
20. Fodder is super easy to grow and it’s nutritious for your flock.
21. On a hot day, make healthy frozen treats for your chickens to help keep them cool.
22. String fresh fruit and vegetables together to create a holiday garland treat.
23. Sprout your own grains for your flock to give them fresh greens even in the winter months.
24. Make a cucumber tetherball that works as a healthy treat and a boredom buster.
25. Apples cored and strung together also entertain a flock while serving as a delicious treat.