A huge backyard can be a great space to add a lot of outdoor play equipment for kids. Here are a lot of awesome DIY ideas that you can consider when you want to start on a project specifically for kids.
1. Build a custom playhouse for your kids.
2. An old trampoline can be repurposed to make a kids playhouse.
3. Set up a tetherball in your backyard.
4. Make a kid’s science station by recycling a cable spool.
5. Build custom seating for a sandbox.
6. Set up an outdoor movie theater area for your kids.
7. Build a kid’s sized arbor bench to add to a backyard play area.
8. Make a vertical tire wall climber.
9. Build a custom sea saw for kids to use as play equipment.
10. Install an in-ground trampoline in your backyard.
11. Build a mound slide for kids to use in your backyard.
12. Set up an outdoor play kitchen with real pots and pans.
13. Make a custom sandbox by repurposing an old bookcase. (REPLACEMENT)
14. Make a water blob that is leak-proof.
15. Build a custom tire totter.
16. How about a kid-sized balance beam?
17. Make a DIY climbing wall for kids.
18. Set up a bag toss play area.
19. Make a homemade water slide.
20. Make a zip line ride for kids.