The cold temperatures of winter often mean a lot of homes can get really cold. If you want to use thrifty was to keep yourself warm, then consider doing some DIY projects to stomp out the cold.
1. A candle heater is easy to make and use for emergency heat.
2. Make a homemade draft blocker or draft dodger for your door.
3. Felt hand warmers are easy to make to help beat the cold.
4. Add bubble wrap to your windows to keep cold air out of your house.
5. A DIY bed warmer is a great alternative to using a standard electric blanket.
6. A hand warming muff is super easy to make to use on any cold winter day.
7. Make your own DIY heating pad for a chair or your bed.
8. Making a solar heater out of tin cans is a great way to help keep your home warm.
9. An emergency hot water bottle is super easy to make with a few towels and plastic bags.
10. DIY thermal curtains are a great craft project to keep cold air out of your home.
11. Make your own area rugs to cover bare areas of the floor.
12. Build a DIY barrel furnace to help heat your home or workshop during the winter.
13. Build a trombe wall using some wire and river rock.
14. Learn how to arm knit a scarf to help you keep warm.
15. Use goose or duck feather to make a down-filled quilt or blanket.
16. An emergency survival heater is not difficult to make to help keep warm.
17. Soapstones are perfect to use as a source of heat on a cold day.
18. Make a DIY humidifier to help add moisture to the air and increase warmth.