There are many ways you can repurpose 55 gallon metal barrels on your homestead other than as burn barrels. You can use them for furniture and interior design, plus you can use them to build items for the yard and garden. Given the versatility of the barrels, you’re only limited by your creativity.
If DIY metal barrel projects interest you, then check out these genius uses for 55 gallon plastic drums.
1. Build a desk from two 55 gallon barrels.
2. Make a chair from a metal barrel.
3. A 55 gallon barrel can be used to make a DIY wood stove.
4. Build a backyard fire pit with a 55 gallon barrel.
5. A metal barrel will make a perfect trash container.
6. Make a DIY BBQ.
7. A 55 gallon barrel can be used to make a bathroom vanity.
8. Make a water fountain for your landscape.
9. Fabricate a cabinet from a 55 gallon barrel.
10. Build an outdoor table for a patio or a deck.
11. Make a table to use in your dining room.
12. Fabricate a portable bar from a 55 gallon barrel.
13. Make a outdoor bench from a 55 gallon barrel.
14. Make a seat to use in your workshop or man cave.
15. 55 gallon barrels are perfect for outdoor planters.
16. Cut a 55 gallon barrel into two pieces and make a DIY bike rack.
17. Build a soap box racer using two metal barrels.
18. Make your own snowplow from two 55 gallon metal barrels.