A disaster or emergency situation can occur at any time. The best way for you to be prepared is to have a survival kit on hand.
There are many essential items for survival kits that will need to be purchased. Still, there are many critical items that you’ll want in your kit that you can make yourself.
Explore these DIY items for your survival kit and see how you can improve your own emergency kit.
1. Make some waterproof matches.
2. Prepare some emergency candles to use for illumination.
3. Keep some meals ready to eat (MREs) on hand.
4. Make a fishing lure to have for your fishing kit.
5. Learn how to make a DIY fishing pole.
6. A paracord survival bracelet is a great item to have during an emergency.
7. You never know when you may need some pepper spray.
8. A DIY water filter will be crucial for survival.
9. You will also need a container for water storage
10. Some fire starters may also be a good idea.
11. A rocket stove is super easy to make.
12. A water distiller is a great alternative to a water filter.
13. You may need a solar oven to cook food.
14. A solar USB charger can be used to charge your phone.
15. When food is scarce, then these survival bars will be vital.
16. Paracord can be used to make a simple monkey fist.
17. Do you know how to make a bow and arrow?
18. You can even make some bio diesel.