Leather is a durable and versatile material. Belts made from leather often will exceed the particular style for which they were designed. As such, leather belts frequently get stored in the back of closets and drawers, or end up in thrift stores. You might not know that there are many creative ways to repurpose old leather belts. The sturdiness of the material and the belt shape lend it to numerous functional and decorative designs.
If you have a lot of leather belts at home or happen to score a bundle from a local thrift shop, then consider these upcycled design projects.
1. Make a book purse or tote with a leather belt handle.
2. Create a custom doormat for your home.
3. A custom bookshelf could be fun to make from old leather belts.
4. Wrap a modern clock with a belt to give it a vintage look.
5. Repair an old handbag with some old belts.
6. Old belts are perfect to use for new drawer handles.
7. Make a set of leather belt wall shelves.
8. Hang a display box on a wall.
9. Replace a worn out camera strap with a leather belt.
10. Make some napkin rings for a fun craft project.
11. Use an old belt to make a DIY book strap.
12. A leather belt can be used to secure firewood.
13. Make some custom wall decorations.
14. How about some leather ties backs for your curtains?
15. Rejuvenate a lawn chair by using some old leather belts.
16. Make a set of custom curtain holders.
17. Hang a bottle terrarium using a leather belt.
18. Create a custom vase from some leather belts.