Adding a greenhouse to your homestead is a great way to grow food and various plants all year long. The best greenhouses that won’t break your budget will need to be made at home as a DIY project.
1. Make mini greenhouses using plastic bottles.
2. Build a greenhouse for under $25.
3. A homemade greenhouse perfect for seedlings can be made by using cedar branches.
4. A geodome is a type of portable greenhouse that is inexpensive to make.
5. Another option for a homemade greenhouse is a cold frame made from straw bales.
6. Old windows can also be used to make a homemade greenhouse.
7. Make a mini greenhouse by using compact disc cases.
8. How about a greenhouse that you can build for under $50.
9. A simple greenhouse is easy to make with some scrap lumber and plastic sheeting.
10. Here are plans for a lean to greenhouse made from pallets.
11. How about an extended shed greenhouse?
12. Build a cold frame along a masonry wall.
13. A hoop house greenhouse is easy to build with materials from a hardware store.
14. Build a hoop house to fit over a raised garden bed.
15. Build individual cold frame greenhouses from old windows.
16. A great way to build an inexpensive greenhouse is to use old pallets.
17. This is a great way to recycle plastic bottles.
18. Here is a greenhouse design that uses bales of straw.