Keeping food on hand to have during an emergency or to have for future use is a great idea. There are many surprising ways to store food for the long-term based on the work and the equipment that is required.
1. Buy canned foods that you can store in an upstairs or downstairs pantry.
2. Five gallon buckets can be used for long-term storage.
3. Vacuum seal food to keep for long-term use.
4. Learn how to freeze dry food for long term storage.
5. Make your own long-term food storage meals.
6. Many types of fruits can be dehydrated for long-term storage.
7. Meats like chicken and beef can be dehydrated for long-term storage.
8. The water bath canning method is perfect for long-term food storage.
9. Pressure canning is another canning method for long-term food storage.
10. Using oxygen absorbers and mylar bags for long-term food storage.
11. Information about food storage packing.
12 Use 2-liter bottles for storing dry food long-term.
13. Learn the best practices for long-term food storage for dry foods.
14. Learn the best ways to store water long-term.
15. Not all fresh fruits and vegetables store the best for the long-term. Learn which ones work best in root cellars.